Thread: How to remove Bloodhound sonar.1

How to remove Bloodhound sonar.1

From last 1 week, i am trying to remove bloodhound sonar.1 from my system. I came to know about this file when my Vista system started strange behavior. Which working around that i found bloodhound sonar.1 file in Norton Internet Security. I have removed it many times from my computer, but when i restart my PC i find it back there. What kind of Virus is this and how can i remove bloodhound sonar.1 from my comp ?

Re: How to remove Bloodhound sonar.1

Bloodhound.SONAR.1 is used exclusively by Symantec antivirus products when a potentially unknown risk is found using Symantec Bloodhound technology. Bloodhound technology consists of heuristic algorithms that are used to detect unknown risks. You can try these recommendation to help you out of Bloodhound sonar.1:

• Use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world.

• Enforce a password policy. Complex passwords make it difficult to crack password files on compromised computers. This helps to prevent or limit damage when a computer is compromised.

• Ensure that programs and users of the computer use the lowest level of privileges necessary to complete a task. When prompted for a root or UAC password, ensure that the program asking for administration-level access is a legitimate application.

• Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives, and disconnect the drives when not required. If write access is not required, enable read-only mode if the option is available.

• Turn off file sharing if not needed. If file sharing is required, use ACLs and password protection to limit access. Disable anonymous access to shared folders. Grant access only to user accounts with strong passwords to folders that must be shared.

First of all turn off your system restore and then scan with Norton Internet Security and remove the problem.The file that is detected under Bloodhound.SONAR.1 indicates a running process with behavior similar to that of a Trojan horse. It may represent a new, previously unidentified type of risk. This assessment is made using the state-of-the-art behavioral technology that is only available in Symantec products. Files that are detected as Bloodhound.Sonar.1 should be submitted to Symantec Security Response. Or else try Combofix which is very helpful to remove these kind of Viruses and Trojans. To know how ComboFix works, click this link: How to remove Virus / Malware using ComboFix

Keeping the following recommendations in your mind will help you to be protected from Bloodhound sonar.1. Just go through this:

• Turn off and remove unnecessary services. By default, many operating systems install auxiliary services that are not critical. These services are avenues of attack. If they are removed, threats have less avenues of attack.
    • If a threat exploits one or more network services, disable, or block access to, those services until a patch is applied.
    • Always keep your patch levels up-to-date, especially on computers that host public services and are accessible through the firewall, such as HTTP, FTP, mail, and DNS services.
    • Configure your email server to block or remove email that contains file attachments that are commonly used to spread threats, such as .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr files.
    • Isolate compromised computers quickly to prevent threats from spreading further. Perform a forensic analysis and restore the computers using trusted media.