Thread: Can't delete Windows Vista files you need permission to perform this action" avg"

Can't delete Windows Vista files you need permission to perform this action" avg"

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I had installed AVG antivirus program on my system. The problem is that when i try to delete files it shows the following error message can't delete Windows Vista files you need permission to perform this action" avg" on my desktop screen. Can any body tell me that why i'm unable to delete files on my system? Why it shows the above error message whenever i try to delete any Vista files? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Can't delete Windows Vista files you need permission to perform this action" avg"

First of all you need to check out whether you have the administrator rights on your system. If you don't have it, then you can't do anything on your system. Try to check out whether the files on that drive are not created by a different user.

Re: Can't delete Windows Vista files you need permission to perform this action" avg"

Windows Vista is very protective about how you work with it. Assuming the files are on Drive D, and that you have an administrator account: Open a CMD prompt, by clicking on Start --> All Programs --> Accessories right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator".

It blocks access to some protected folders and files that you need to take ownership for some reason. By using a small registry hack, you can get around this. Doing so, you can take owership of the Bootscreen and the rest. For that follow the below steps mention.

Open an administrator command prompt by typing cmd into the start menu search box, and hit the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key combination. To take ownership of the file, you’ll need to use the takeown command. Here’s an example:
    takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui
    That will give you ownership of the file, but you still have no rights to delete it. Now you can run the cacls command to give yourself full control rights to the file:
    cacls C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui /G geek:F