Thread: Is it possible to connect PC to TV via WIFI

Is it possible to connect PC to TV via WIFI

WIFI is getting very useful and popular now a days. So i was just think to connect my PC with the TV over wifi network.

Is it possible to do this ? If yes, how and what equipment and software would be required? Thanks in advance..

Re: Is it possible to connect PC to TV via WIFI

Yeah, its possible. For doing this job you need to get InternetVue 2100 and a Windows XP computer with Wi-Fi connectivity, a minimum of 512MB of RAM and a 1.5GHz Pentium processor.It is a PC2TV Wireless Display unit, connects to TV's VGA or DVI video input. It consists of a Wi-Fi unit and a piece of software that must be installed on the PC. Unlike other products InternetVue2100 is Codec independent.

It allows a computer to use its on-board or add-on IEEE802.11 b/g adapter to wirelessly stream video to the TV without any cable.When you are watching a video on your PC, the InternetVue software wirelessly transmits the images to the Wi-Fi unit. The unit adapts the video to the TV screen. With the video quality at up to 30 frames per second, the transmitted video is smooth and jitter-free with virtually no delay or distortion.

Features:

• Send computer video wirelessly to TV, monitors, projectors, or other video displays

• Compatible with wireless (802.11 b/g) enabled PC

• Plug-and-play installation with driver installed from CD

• Access Internet or local area network (LAN) through on-board 10/100 Ethernet interface

• Compatible with Intel-based Macs (requires installation of Apple Boot Camp and Windows XP)

I use InternetVue 2100 to view digitial pictures located on a PC on a TV with a WIFI network. Also browser based internet videos and digital photos looks great on the big screen TV. It also let me use use my PC as the control center for viewing streaming videos, downloaded movies, webcasts, digital photos, slide shows, or PowerPoint presentations on a TV.InternetVue offers a fast and easy "out-of-box" set up and is controlled by user-friendly software which is built into the unit. When powered on, InternetVue shows up as an available wireless network connection on the computer's network setting. Supported Video:

1. Duplication mode
    2. Extended mode
    3. Up to 1024 x 768 XGA graphics resolution
    4. Up to 640 x 480 VGA/SD video resolution
    5. Up to 30 fps frame rate
    6. Up to 24-bit color depth
    7. Up to 75Hz frequency

I think Apple TV is even enough for this job. gives you access to an easy-to-navigate world of entertainment. Rent HD movies. Buy HD TV shows. Listen to your iTunes music. Even show off your photos. Connect one HDMI cable and, just like that, Apple TV turns your TV into so much more. It is is designed for a family room big screen TV with all music, video and photos to play and show that up to six computers around the house is saved even if they are far from TV, and even if they all PCs Windows rather than Apple Macintosh models of the peculiar. It can be a very limited amount of music and video directly from the Internet on TV draw.ou can also browse and buy music videos on the iTunes Store. And sync songs and videos purchased on Apple TV to your computer and iPod or iPhone.

Can this be used to operate the PC as well. Can other words can I sit in front of my TV and "use" the PC from another room in exactly the same way as if I was sitting in front of the PC itself (surf the internet, download files, read pdf & word docs, check emails etc,etc) - like a thin client of sorts ?

If not , then is there a box trhat can do this for me , as well as playing music, video which can be output onto my living room's hi fi system over the wi fi network.

Too big an ask maybe ?

Any advice would be appreciated though .

Thanks

There are remote controls for a PC which work with bluetooth and there are wireless keyboard and mouse too, if you have a wireless keyboard+mouse set and you manage to get your computer's display on TV, you can use the wireless keyboard and mouse to operate the computer in the other room, provided you are in the wireless range, Generally the wireless keyboard and mouse have less range...