Thread: How to connect Netgear Wireless Router to Westell 2200

How to connect Netgear Wireless Router to Westell 2200

Hie,

I have Westell DSL Router 2200. When I connect Westell 2200 directly to my PC, it works very well. But if I connect it to the Netgear wireless router, am unable to connect to internet.

Is there anyway to connect the netgear router with westell 2200 ?? Does anybody have any ideas or information regarding this..!! kindly suggest
    thnx

Re: How to connect Netgear Wireless Router to Westell 2200

First try to configure Westell 2200. You can conigure Westell 2200 by -- disabling DHCP and then turning on bridging.

Though to do this, you will need to contact Verizon for username and password...

But I don't have a username and password. From where and how can I get the username and password ?? Any ideas...

Do you know the username and password of the main email account ?

The Verizon Username and Password is usually the same as the main email account's username and password.

Don't load the Verizon software. Reset the factory default settings on the Westell to get it to bridging..

all d best

Here's the detailed document on "Setting Up the Linksys Wireless Router with a Westell 2200 Modem". You can follow the same steps for connecting your Netgear wireless router to Westell 2200 Modem.

Document

• First, connect your PC directly to the Westell 2200 with an ethernet (CAT5 or CAT5e) cable, bypassing your router.
    • Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser's address box to access the Modem Configuration utility.
    • When asked for user name and password, enter your router's username and password (default for the Verizon issued routers is typically "user=admin, password=password").
    • From the Configuration menu >> choose VC configuration and set the 0/35 to bridge mode by clicking the "edit" button and using the drop down menu.
    • Do not disable the 0/35. Instead Save.
    • Again in the Configuration menu >> select DHCP Configuration and turn off the DHCP Server.
    • Log off the utility.

NOTE :: Skip the next two steps if your router has already been used to supply PPPoE with your username and password.
    • Unplug the cable from the modem and hook it up directly to your router (so your computer and your router are now hooked up and the modem isn't in the mix).
    • Enter your router's configuration area (usually ยป192.168.2.1/?) >> choose PPPoE and, in the PPPoE area, change the log on entries to your verizon username and password.

Now,
    • Hook a cable between the modem and the router (Verizon usually supplies one), leaving the PC to router connection in place.
    • Reboot both devices.

Everything should work fine now.