Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009

How can i restore the default firewall settings in Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 since long time. In this duration i had made lot of changes in the firewall block or allow the informations coming from the network or from internet. But now i do not need these settings anymore. So i want to restore the firewall to its default settings.. But doing it one by one is going very confusing for me. Is there any simple way i can do the same ?
Old 09-07-2009

Re: How can i restore the default firewall settings in Windows 7

Yeah, you can restore the Firewall to the defaults in just few simple steps. Just go through this:-
  • Open the Control Panel in All Items View from the Start menu.

• When the Control Panel window opens up, then click the System and Security link from this window.

• Open Windows Firewall in

• Click on the Restore defaults link in the left blue pane.

• Click the Restore defaults button.

• Click on the Yes button to confirm

• Once done. Close the firewall windows and you are done.

Thats it !!!
Old 09-07-2009

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful tip mate. I was also in search of this as my Windows 7 firewall is making some strange things and wanted to set the default settings. Finally i got here.

Keep it up. Thank You !!!
Old 09-07-2009

That is all i really needed. You made me understand in such a simple way. I appreciate your help for this. I'll try this steps, hope it works perfectly for me. If any problem occurs, i'll be back to you. Thank you

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,