Thread: Red x disable uac on Windows Vista

Red x disable uac on Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista on my pc. The problem is that it used to show red 'x' mark on my User Account Control (UAC). Now the problem is that the red "x" had disabled my uac on my system. Can any body tell me that how can i enable my uac on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Red x disable uac on Windows Vista

By default, Windows Vista is going to interrupt you whenever you try to do almost ANY system change. This is called User Account Control, or UAC. In Windows Vista, as and when standard end-user requires administrator privileges to perform certain tasks such as attempting to install an application or write to registry, Windows Vista will prompt a UAC credential prompt to notify the user that a credential of administrator user account is needed for authorization or permission.

It might be that accidentally you had modified Windows Vista system files or settings and eliminate the ability for virus or malware to invoke administrator privileges without a user’s knowledge. Even for domain or local administrator. For that you need to open up your Control Panel and then type in “UAC” into the search box. There you will see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”. There you need to select on and then on the next screen you should check mark the box for “Use User Account Control (UAC)”, and then click on the OK button. You’ll need to reboot your computer before the changes take effect, but you should be all done with annoying prompts.

User Account Control (UAC), or unknowingly mistaken as User Access Control is new security feature in Windows Vista. The main problem with outright disabling UAC is that you get a menacing Security Center alert in the form of a red icon in your taskbar, claiming that "your machine is not protected". For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. Open up the Vista control panel
    2. Search for “User Account”.
    3. You’ll see the link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”. Click that.
    4. Check the box that says “Use User Account Control *UAC) to help protect your computer.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Reboot.