Thread: Windows shutdown problem

Windows shutdown problem

I have a HP laptop with Windows operating system installed in it...Yesterday, I received a following message on my screen -

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer".

Why this message appeared on my screen, what is the reason ? Can anybody please provide me the information regarding this. What should I do to resolve it ? Any ideas...

kindly help....thanks

Re: Windows shutdown problem

You are been infected by Heur Virus. Have you heard about Win32 Heur ?
    Win32 Heur or Win32/Heur is a deadly trojan virus that releases a firestorm of malicious activity throughout your computer. You need to remove Win32 Heur virus as soon as possible.

There are several ways this virus may pretend on your computer. some of them are:

• Through online P2P networks.
    You should be very careful when downloading files from p2p programs like Bearshare and Limewire. These are the most frequent methods of infection.

• Installing any free or low cost programs and applications.
    There are several programs that are kept for free to download. These programs are bundled with spyware, adware, and viruses. Always perform a quick scan of your computer after installing new software off the net.

• Visiting a website that had planted viruses or browser hijackers that force infected your computer.
    You might be aware of this, as a number of pop-ups appear and your browser is redirected.

Malware like the Win32 Heur virus can spread onto your system. You will need to download an excellent virus detection and removal program.

To remove Heur Virus -
    The safest way to eliminate Win32 heur is by using a certified Antispyware or Antivirus program.
    There are number of Anti-virus programs but all of them are not good enough to knock off severe infections. As a result, you need to get a really good one.

Another reason you should pick a good and reliable Antispyware is for future protection. Everyday a new Trojan is created and a good Antispyware company will react quickly and protect your computer before it is infected.

You will find many Antivirus programs on this forum under Networking and Security section.

For Windows Vista -
    AVG antivirus free version software in Windows Vista
    AVG 8 free

I personally use Kaspersky Anti-virus. Refer to the thread below to get all the necessary information about Kaspersky...
    Download free Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 8.0.0.506 Final