Thread: What is WLAN security setting ?

What is WLAN security setting ?

Hi

I am not much techi i just brought new pc from whom i purchased he install all setting in pc. I want to find out what type of WLAN security setting exist in network uses ? Can you help me ?

Thanks

Re: What is WLAN security setting ?

WLAN switches fall into two categories. On the one hand, switches that carry all the intelligence and work together with access points only in charge of encryption and the role of bridge radio, and on the other hand, those who delegate some of the intelligence at the access point

Change the access (user name and password) to the web interface for configuration and management of their wireless router. Use, if possible, not the specifications of the manufacturer, because they are often searched on the Internet. Avoid if possible, "admin", "user". Many passwords can be derived from the social environment of the user to guess. Short and simple passwords with brute-force and dictionary attacks, easy comparisons to find out.

Since many equipment manufacturers are sometimes the new security standards, you should check the firmware of your access points regularly. On the support pages of the manufacturers and in the relevant forums, or through a search engine you can search for latest firmware updates.

Use - if available - the more powerful WPA or WPA2 encryption. If you can only use WEP, then set the encryption on at least 128 bits. Note that the WEP encryption by experienced attackers within minutes by eavesdrop the traffic can be cracked! Make sure a secure password to use.