Thread: Client computer can not connect to host computer with 2wire

Client computer can not connect to host computer with 2wire

I just reformatted everything and reinstalled Windows Server 2003 premium edition on my server and Windows XP pro SP2. I have att uverse connection on a 2Wire. Th problem is that when i try to connect client computer it can not connect to host computer? I don't know but i'm unable to connect to my client computer. So, can any body tell me that why i'm unable to client computer cannot connect to host computer with 2wire? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Client computer can not connect to host computer with 2wire

For that you need to try to reset your Windows Home Server console session and then need to click on Options and choose "Reset the Windows Home Server Console". Then try to re-connect to the console and check out whether you are able to connect to your host computer.

Even i was having the same problem, so in order to get rid of the issue you need to set up a custom port to be used by each host. The default was 5631 and 5632. Because you can access the one it seems like you have a handle on the port forwarding.

According to me you need to do it on your router. For that you will need to forward each set of ports to the proper internal destination just like you did for the default 5631 and 5632. Then on the remote you need to change the port to match the machine that you want to connect to. When setting up the remote locate the first page Connection Info and find the details button. Here you can set the ports that will be used for this remote to match the ports that are being used on the host.