Thread: How does a Malware Work

How does a Malware Work

Hi,
    Recently my system was affected with virus. Because of that I was tend to format and reinstall windows. I have a server with 22 computers connected to it. Technician says that there was lot of malware in my system. I want to ask what is a malware and how it brings a system down. What is the technical specification of this virus.

Re: How does a Malware Work

Malware are the most common threat in today's scenario. Any computer on the internet without proper security is prone to multiple threats. Malware also called as spyware, trojan and rootkit. The attack vector of this virus in fake software, e-mail attachment and direct hacking. The main motive behind this virus is attack is implementing fraud ideas of the creator. The most common example is Trojan Horse. Lets take a example, you downloaded a cool screen save for you system. Here you are not aware that the software is a malicious one. After a prescribed period of time your computer will behave in unexpected manner. The prevention here is to keep your firewall on with a good antivirus tool.

Malware in short is a malicious software. Malicious means vicious. Once you system is affected with this virus then the virus first tries to create a multiple copies of it. Then it pop-ups your personal information to the distant server on the net. This information is captured by hackers. It is a very annoying program. Many malicious malware are designed to alter system files without the user's concern. This makes your system unstable.

Viruses like Trojan, rootkits, adware, spyware, crimeware, worms, etc are termed as malware. They enter your system by downloading software's, desktop enhancements, etc. The result for this automatic pop-ups, computer hang, etc. The virus is a automated service. This service alters the windows system file and registry. Registry has the core function of windows os. They altered by adding extra values. They corrupt your browser and redirect it to any unknown site. Then these virus spread to other system by network, pen drives and other infected media.