Thread: How to connect PSP to Wireless Network

How to connect PSP to Wireless Network

hey everyone, I just got my new PSP and want to connect it to my wireless network to start playing around with it but unfortunately it's not allowing me to connect.
    I am running Firmware. And the router is setup correctly without any problem... I tried to setup a network on the PSP and it sees my network but unfortunately doesn't allow me to connect ?
    Does anybody provide some useful guidelines on how to connect PSP on wireless network ?

Re: How to connect PSP to Wireless Network

Your PSP is unable to connect because you need to enter a special password that was set by the wireless network administrator. That's what WEP is all about : Wireled Equivalency Privacy. WEP is one of a set of different password and security protocols that allows to work with a wireless network without exposing all of your network traffic to anyone within range.
    Note: unfortunately, all security protocols are incompatible with each other.

A WEP password typically looks like a word / phrase or a sequence of letters and digits similar to c1164fd533. If the "wireless" network is hosted by you, then hopefully you know the password and can enter it when you configure that access point on the PSP itself. But, if you don't know the password then you cannot access that network.

Re: How to connect PSP to Wireless Network

To set-up PSP :

• Turn ON your PSP.
    • Make sure that your WLAN switch is turned ON.
      Note - You might want to turn off the WLAN powersave option. This increases your speed. However, it's not necessary just to get online.)
    • Perform a factory reset. To do this, select "Settings" -- select "Restore Default Settings".
    • Power down your PSP. Wait 10 seconds, then power it ON.
    • Navigate to "Network Settings" --- select "Infrastructure Mode" --- select "New Connection" --- name this connection --- Navigate to "WLAN Settings" --- Select "Scan"

Now, your router should be listed.
    • Navigate to "WLAN Security Setting".
      If you did not select encryption in Router setup, then navigate to "Address Settings" --- Select "Easy" and leave the option as "None".
      If you selected encryption in Router setup, then Navigate to "Setting List" and verify that your settings are correct. Then select the appropriate WEP, or WPA..
    • Navigate to the next screen and press X to save your settings.
      You should get a message saying - "Save Completed. Test Connection" > Press X.
    • Here, you must receive 2 quick display messages.
      (i) "connecting to access point"
      (ii) "obtaining IP address"
    • If you get these messages, you have succesfully managed to connect PSP to Wireless Network