Thread: Windows Defender system-tray icon Missing.

Windows Defender system-tray icon Missing.

I have installed anti virus program on my computer which all have system tray icon, so that it is easy to check out whether these services are starting or not, but when i check for windows defender i saw that even after installing it does not show any icon in the system tray. When i enabled it manually it still does not show anything. I know there is an option in Windows Defender to make the tray icon visible at all times, but this doesn't work for me.

Is there a way to show the tray icon at all times? Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Windows Defender system-tray icon Missing.

To enable the option of Windows Defender in the system tray, Open Defender,select options, select a scroll bar on the right side of the window that's hard to see, scroll down near the bottom of the page and there is a box to "show tray icon" that need to be checked. Once this option will be checked your windows defender icon would be seen at the bottom right corner.

I have also come across this problem i have even tried out the above option it was checked in,but still Icon was missing, so i tried out following, When this happens I right click the task bar and go to properties, then go to the notification area and click on customize in the icon section and set the Windows Defender icon to show. I have hide inactive icons enabled but like to keep security icons always in view.

In Windows Defender, you won’t be able to see or find any Windows Defender’s icon resided in notification area or system tray, as the icon is not enabled by default. Open "Windows Defender" from the "Start" - "All Programs" menu if it is not currently visible. When you open the "Windows Defender", click the "Tools" button. Select "Options". Select "Choose when the Windows Defender icon appears in the notification area" and select either the radio button "Only if Windows Defender detects an action to take" or "Always" as desired. Need to select "Save" option to store your settings.