Thread: What is the Communications port (COM1)

What is the Communications port (COM1)

Hi friends,

I was facing some issue with my computer and when i ask my friend about the same he told me you need to disable Communications port. Can anyone give me some information about Communications port (Com 1) please and at the same time please walk through the steps for disabling Communication port. Thanks in Advance.

What is the Communications port

There ware many reasons because of which you will be getting such kind of message basically you can having anything assign on com1 normally there would be some hardware and that is causing some issues or your com1 port might has some defect too. So in this case i would suggest you change the port or reinstall the drivers for the same and your hardware device might work again.

Communications port issue

I am also having Communication port problem can anyone help me out with this issue. I have try to computer, then system properties- - >device manager tab- - >Ports(COM & LPT- - >Communications Port (COM 1) - ->properties tab- - >Port settings tab - - >

On the Communications Port (Com 1) Properties window, there are the following:

Bits per second is being set to 57600. Whenever my computer gets connected it says that it is connected at 115200, but i have connected to 57600. Can anyone help me out with this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Communications port (COM1) problem

In this case you need to set it to highest setting 115200 and have a check for the same. Normally connection speed is depended on many factor like ISP's devices like switches, router and etc. You won't be able to get full 56k speed on your connect no matter if you have high configuration devices install too. Ask yous ISP provide for the same and they would be able to help you out.