Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009

How to Disable Router Firewall

Hello , I have big problem with online games ... my router blocks everything. the same issue is faced by freind , also i have also noticed that my download speed has dropped considerably I wonder if it is not risky to turn off the firewall on the router , if yes then can you tell me How can i Disable the Firewall on router,so that i Can play Games Like Counterstrike , quake4 , please help Thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2009

Re: How to Disable Router Firewall

There are no proper solutions, you must open the ports depending on the application you use . In any P2P software or bittorent you can choose the settings for port to use. Once you have chosen the port to open in your firewall , redirect it to the your freinds ip
Old 06-07-2009

your hardware firewall protects the whole network domestic upstream (not only your computer but all the devices connected to the network (computers, printers, disks, multimedia equipment, etc.).

You Have to look under your router, normally there is a URL (usually http://192.168.1.1) This you have to type in your address bar and it will ask you for admin password , after that there you will find many options
Old 06-07-2009

for windows In the Advanced tab->firewall, 'disabled' on radio button But I do not think the problem comes from there. you cannot disable the hardware firewall of your router, but normally you can just allow some software access For this, you need open ports in your software

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,