Thread: How to put a password on network sharing

How to put a password on network sharing

Hello, I have setup a wireless network called "workgroup" to share file/printer. My little brother accidentely deleted files on my shared folder and now he cannot access the shared file/printer. So I set it up again but to avoid this in future can anyone tell me how to put a password on network sharing so that I would be out of this trouble again. Thank you

Re: How to put a password on network sharing

Try typing the the workgroup/domain name with the user id: domain\user_name. Other things you can try are Simply Enable File and Print Sharing For Microsoft Networks on that machine or use the SFC /scannow command to fix any problems with that machine

You can also obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389/EN-US/

Note: The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.

There are plenty password-recovery utilities that can read them. A particular danger here is if you've used the same password for several services, since being able to recover the cached one may then allow the intruder to compromise other services.

A better approach to a small-site network, doesn't demand that you upgrade to Pro, gives users a 'proper' logon, and will work with a desktop OS as the fileserver for <10 users.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever