Thread: conflicker work group- unable to remove from the PC

conflicker work group- unable to remove from the PC

When i was surfing on the internet I got infected with the Conflicker worm, This has been detected by my Norton anti- virus, when i search for the same on my computer i found conflicker work group, i tried to remove from PC but unable to remove it successfully, when i tried to remove single file from this folder it gives some kind of system error so i didn't any of them, but it gives me continuous pop up. What should i do to remove this, Please help.

Re: conflicker work group- unable to remove from the PC

The Conficker worm and many other types of malware, The group’s “Conficker Eye Chart” pulls images from three sites that Conficker is known to block and displays them in a box. Update 1: (2009-04-09 15:20UTC) Apparently there is a fiber problem at one of the sites. They are aware of it and hoping for a resolution soon. It’s a smart and near-instantaneous test that couldn’t be any easier, but keep in mind that if your computer uses a proxy server for Web traffic, which can be the case in some companies, you might be infected and still be able to see the images.

The Conficker worm spreads itself primarily through a buffer overflow vulnerability in the Server Service on Windows computers. The worm uses a specially crafted RPC request to execute code on the target computer. The Conficker Working Group is the force behind the main effort in stopping this virus and they include Microsoft and ICANN. The worm also attaches itself to certain Windows processes such as svchost.exe, explorer.exe and services.exe.

The security researchers, part of a collaboration known as the Conficker Working Group, have long cracked the worm's domain algorithm and have so far been successful in blocking its ability to receive orders. Kaspersky, McAffee, Microsoft, Symantec -- says that Conficker, also known as Downup, Downadup, and Kido, is the largest worldwide computer infection since the SQL Slammer in 2003. Make sure you read about the eEye Utility that can detect the MS08-067 patch and Conficker Worm, also the Symantec tips on stopping the Conficker worm getting onto Windows XP and Vista computers.