Thread: Administrator cannot logon to Windows user domain unavailable

Administrator cannot logon to Windows user domain unavailable

I have a Windows Xp machine, which is a part that of the domain. I have the administrator rights in order to access my system. Now the problem is that when i try to login in to my pc it shows an error message stating that "administrator cannot logon to Windows due to user domain been unavailable" on your system. Can any body tell me that why i'm unable to login in to administrator account and why it shows Window user domain unavailable on your system? Can any body provide me the correct solution in order to get rid of the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Administrator cannot logon to Windows user domain unavailable

Are you having the correct users account to log on the local machine? I think you may be using the domain drop down and selecting the local machine for log on. If you can do that you can reconfigure it for the new domain in the network applet.

You cannot log in the domain if the network is not available. It seems to be that the cached logon credentials are disabled on your particular machine.For that you need to open up your registry and then need to look for the cachedlogonscount on your system. Then try to set it the default of 10 on your system.

The domain login box is only displayed while the computer is a member of a domain. You can do that with Windows account as long as you have authenticated at least once with the AD account and you have a cached key. You changed this to the name of you home network which would be what is known as a Workgroup as opposed to a domain. The computer is no longer a member of the domain and can only be rejoined to the domain. When the computer is a member of a domain, when you login the computer tries to connect through the network to a domain controller which verifies the account username and password. If it cannot connect to the domain controller it uses a profile stored on the computer itself to verify the username and password.