Thread: Trend micro vs AVG

Trend micro vs AVG

Recently i had bought a new computer. On that i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm planning to install anti-virus program on my system in order to protect my system from viruses. So, i would like to know that which is the best among AVG or Trend Micro anti-virus program? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: Trend micro vs AVG

AVG is an umbrella term for a range of antivirus and internet security software for the Microsoft Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD computing platforms. I had used AVG anti-virus program on my system and i was not so satisfied with it. It doesn't removed viruses from the system.

I have my AVG programmed to automatically update and also to automatically scan. Comparing Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and the Award Winning AVG Internet Security is a little bit tough job. As many people are not aware of Trend Micro antivirus program.

AntiVir and AVAST are both better, with AntiVir being the better choice due to its traditionally lower false-positive rates. A virus is any piece of code (ie program) that has the ability to replicate itself. Viruses are usually executable files (.exe), but can have any extension, eg. .dll, .com, etc. A virus can do anything that a user can command a computer to do. ie. if your computer can do it. Among commercial scanners, Kaspersky and F-Secure virtually always do well.