Thread: Services and controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close

Services and controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close

Hi Folks

My system is newly restored with windows xp sp2, with spysubtract and norton 2004 running the scenario is that microsoft's security prompts a popup within seconds of startup and connection to the internet says you that your computer needs to reboot in 60 seconds.

it kicks out a important process known as lsass.exe and masquerades as something known as Isass.exe,i have symantecs removal tool but have heard its only worth running after the worm/virus attacks and this hasn't happened recently.

any body to figure out to get rid of the disinfection excluding a reformat? also expecting some precautionary measures

thanks a bundle...for any help

Re: Services and controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close

You are advised to run your system file checker sfc /scannow
    till you got a Operating System CD to hand that matches your Service Pack installation status.also check out in the Event Viewer and probe System for an error message associated with Services and Controller Double click on it to open and on the icon below the up/down arrows to copy to clipboard possibly post the files here

I found a cure for this malfunction download superantispyware It seems to be some bizarre malware,bit confused. But after I did the scan twice and removed the problems I've had no problem since.or else when the countdown starts, click start, then run, then type shutdown -a.

Keep only the Windows and Program Files on C:

My Documents, E-mails for all identities,Internet Explorer Favourites,
    Temporary Internet Files move this another small partition
    Re-home the Windows Address Book Use the key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4\Wab FileName” to specify its new address.
    maintain different sizes of data files on different partitions. make backups of all the partitions, When I suspect a software problem has crept in, I restore immediately