Thread: Networking with multiple routers

Networking with multiple routers

Hiya
    On my office I installed two 4-port wired routers in daisy-chained manner so that i would be able to get internet on 7 lines.

On which one of my router has 3 computers networked for enabling file sharing off the first router.on the other hand the second router has two other computers connected, but have no connection with network.so all am asking is that is it possibly connect the computers on the second router to the network on the first router and file share all 5 together

any guess in this regards?

Re: Networking with multiple routers

If you connect the 1st router to the 2nd router on own of the LAN ports rather than WAN port of the second router to broaden the network to the second router,you can enable the file sharing between all the computers you have in the network..
    enjoy

To connect the 5 computers together what you actually need is a switch with at least 5 ports for the computers and 1 port for 'Uplink'. consider a star connection where the 5 machines all go to a central point, then one main connection goes from that star to router. The router connects your local computer network to the internet network, which is hosted by your modem.
    lots of vendors provides a switch in the router,so no need to bother about purchasing the star

Use the switch portion,instead of WAN port on the second router

Modem plugs in to WAN port on router1, 3 machines plug in to switch ports on router 1, last switch port is plugged into switch port on router 2, the other two computers plug into switch ports on router 2.If you use the WAN port, your on the other side of the routing function and it will part the two networks logically