Thread: Trojan horse Rootkit-Agent.CW

Trojan horse Rootkit-Agent.CW

I am running Windows XP. It seems that my computer has infected with the Trojan horse -Agent.CW, Threat detected at the location C:\Windows\system32\drivers\port135sik.sys. When i cleaned with the AVG anti- virus it shows that Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\acpi32 (Rootkit.Spamtool) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. I delete it or move it to the vault it disappears and then reappears. What can i do to get rid of it??

Re: Trojan horse Rootkit-Agent.CW

Please update MBAM, do one more quick scan, and if you want the description about this then, Trojan Horse Rootkit-Agent.CW is a detection for files that conceal itself by injecting on legitimate Windows files and process. Trojan Horse Rootkit-Agent.CW oftenly undetectable by various security programs. and it has been recommended that you must clean that.

Install Malwarebytes Anti Malware and works wonders in getting rid of spyware, malware and so on. click the Update tab and wait for that to run through. click the Scan tab and check "Quick Scan" and start it, wait for that to run through and then when it's finished, click View Results and then click Remove Infections.

Now reset your PC and do another scan, you should be completely clean.

Trojan Horse Rootkit-Agent.CW is a detection for files that conceal itself by injecting on legitimate Windows files and process. The infection names you are seeing are very significant infections as zep said rootkits hide deep in your system, these are items you do not want on your pc and if you do have a backdoor also you want to make sure you are not using that pc for anything like banking or making purchases where you will be exposing your info.