Thread: How do i come to know about Conficker

How do i come to know about Conficker

Hi, my operating system is windows Vista. I just wanted to get a tip regarding the title. Some times when my computer behaves in some strange manner, i stop my work and quickly start running my antivirus. And after the scan completed, it shows nothing. So is there any way i come to know if there is any conficker on my system ?

Re: How do i come to know about Conficker

There are some symptoms which can make you know if your computer is infected by Conficker. Certain Microsoft Windows services such as Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Defender and Error Reporting Services disabled.One of the first things Conficker will try to do is turn on automatic updates in Windows because it is a known hole in Windows operates. If your computer has been restored may Conficker benefit from the hole and make sure your system does not automatically download the patch by your automatic updates to useless.To check if the automatic updates have been turned off, go to the Windows Control Panel and double click on the Security Center icon to get to the Automatic updates link.

Conficker can also network shares, including those spreading that have weak passwords, the worm carries a "from, dictionary attack" where a list of common passwords to be used to share access. So if you have new executables in such a drive is it may be infected. Treat them as you would a program that you unsolicited e-mail was sent, and we hope that you 'meant; ll avoid it and log it to a network admin if you have. A good anti-malware program, at this stage to discover.Once infected, may be achieved by any computer on a botnet instructions from the command center be given to execute the function distant chopper needs, including sending spam to infect other computers or to monitor attacks on the theft of identity card.

Some more symptoms of being effected by Conficker are like Domain controllers responding slowly to client requests,System network becoming unusually congested, Websites related to antivirus software becoming inaccessible.The rest of the symptoms for detecting Conficker C requires a working knowledge of the Windows Registry and many of the anti-virus and security firms on the Internet have posted very detailed technical instructions for detection and removal.

The one tool i can suggest you is Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool. It checks computers running Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.

To make things worse, is Conficker very good at hiding from you and your safety programs and code to "evolve its capacity allows to be discovered and removed. To know more about the Conficker and the ways of getting protected from it, visit this:-

What is Conficker ?. Definitely, it will help you lot.