Thread: How to install project server 2007

How to install project server 2007

I got Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 and i need to install it, bit i dont know how to do that. So i am here to take your all help in installing Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 in stand-alone mode to a computer. Please help..

Re: How to install project server 2007

To install Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 in stand alone mode, just go through this:-

1. Navigate to the installation location for Project Server and double-click the Setup.exe file to begin setup.
    2. In the Enter Product Key page, type the 25-character product key, and click Continue.
    3. In the End User License Agreement page, view the terms of the agreement. Check I accept the terms of the agreement, and then click Continue.
    4. On the Installation Types page, click Basic to start the installation.
    5. On the page that appears when installation is complete, select Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now and then click Close. You must run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard to automatically complete the required provisioning steps.
    6. At the Welcome to SharePoint Products and Technologies page, click Next.
    7. A confirmation dialog message appears, stating that the following services might need to be restarted or reset during the configuration:

• Internet Information Services
      • SharePoint Administration Service
      • SharePoint Timer Service
      • Click Yes to continue. A status bar appears to show the configuration progress.

8. When configuration is complete, the Configuration Successful page will appear. Click Finish.
    9. The Manage Project Web Access page appears and will list the Project Web Access instance that is being provisioned. Click the Refresh Status button from time to time to check if the Project Web Access instance has been provisioned. When the status appears as provisioned, click on the URL to go to the Project Web Access home page.

Office Project Server 2007 has the following software requirements. It is important to note that because Office Project Server 2007 is built on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, the requirements that apply to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 also apply to Office Project Server 2007.
    Operating system

Office Project Server 2007 runs on Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later. We recommend that you apply all critical updates. You can use the following Windows Server 2003 editions:
    • Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
    • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
    • Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
    • Windows Server 2003, Web Edition

Thanks buddy. Thats is all what i needed. I have all the required systems for project server 2007. Hope installation gets completed comfortably. I'll be back if any problem occurs during the process. Thank you !!!