Thread: LUCOMS~1.EXE unwanted service in Task Manager

LUCOMS~1.EXE unwanted service in Task Manager

I have normally started my computer as usual, it takes little longer time to display the desktop screen, i opened several folders and started normal routine, but when my background application goes on increasing I find a too much delay in switching all over the application, then i checked for task manager whether any unwanted services are holding the resources, and i found one named LUCOMS~1.exe and it ridiculously using 80% to 90% of the CPU. Why is this happening? After a while it eventually goes away.

Re: LUCOMS~1.EXE unwanted service in Task Manager

This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.\r see: lucomserver.exe. File lucoms~1.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The file size on Windows XP is 2,975,352 bytes. The service can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program has no visible window. lucoms~1.exe is a Verisign signed file. The file is digitally signed. The program is not active. File is hidden. It is not a Windows system file. lucoms~1.exe is able to monitor applications.

LiveUpdate Engine COM Module. LUCOMSERVER is entirely to do with Norton's LiveUpdate. Norton Internet Security 2008 is a more streamlined program. Upgrading may correct this problem. If you are currently using 2007 and your subscription is current, you can transfer that subscription key to the 2008 version for no additional cost. Here is a link to download the 2008 version.

I will suggest you to update your Anti-virus, As soon as LiveUpdate finishes LUCOMSERVER will disappear from your Task List. particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the lucoms~1.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.If LiveUpdate is not allowed to finish (your connection to the Internet is closed), or is waiting for end-user input (possibly through a flashing icon in the System Tray or on a screen prompt behind your current program).