Thread: Internet Page direct to about:blank

Internet Page direct to about:blank

Whenever I open any website the pages does not open. It shows about:blank in the address bar. I tried to refresh the web page but still the website does not open. The same page is working in FireFox. I had checked my browser settings and Internet Settings but everything is working. I do not understand the reason behind this. Help.

Re: Internet Page direct to about:blank

You system is affected with virus. A browser hijacking malware is considered as the cause of this problem. Download Hijackthis it is a freeware tool. It will generate a log file by which you can determine which service is causing the problem. Run a full system scan in safe mode. I think you had visited or downloaded some malicious tool by which your system is affected by a threat. It can be a spyware. Run disk cleanup and delete all your temporary files. Delete any suspicious file found. Always keep your firewall on.

It is an virus. Probably the trojan. It has jammed your browser. The only possible way to stop in kill the process from Task Manager. The virus is listed in the system with the following mention list. See the list at the end and launch a search process for them. As you get the file delete them.Then locate the file and delete it. Always keep you antivirus up to date. Virus normally enter a system through attachments, malicious software's, download from untrusted zones, etc. If possible get a spyware remover tool form net and run it. Run a full scan.
    • aa1ed92baf3bf7387a5c3c20aa92921c.exe
    • banker-g.exe
    • trojanspy.win32.banker.ab.exe
    • trojanspy.win32.banker.aq.exe
    • trojanspy.win32.banker.at.exe
    • trojanspy.win32.banker.p_(73).exe
    • trojanspy.win32.banker.q_(105).exe

You system is affected with a Trojan. It is a Trojanspy.Win32.Banker virus. Due to this virus the browser gets the about:blank result. It is termed as keylogger which is designed to steal a financial information. There are two ways to remove the virus. The first one is either manually or use SpyHunter Scanner tool. The syphunter is an antivirus which will scan your system and remove the virus. Manually is not recommend unless you are an expert in security matters.