Thread: Vacation Reply Virus in Email

Vacation Reply Virus in Email

I have a hotmail account. I had noticed in my Hotmail account that I have a number of vacation reply messages. There are lots of them and they are automated. I delete them but they come back. It is really annoying. I think this can be due some virus. How can I stop it. I had scan my pc and detected some. But the vacation reply problem is not solved. It is still troubling. Help me.

Re: Vacation Reply Virus in Email

Use Hijackthis tool and track out the services running in your system. Hotmail is a webmail based service. The automated mail means that you account is being used by some other source. By hijakthis tool track the service and stop it. Run a fun system scan in safe mode. In the log file created by Hijackthis will give you information about all the services running in the background in your system.

If you shutdown the feature of Vacation reply manually then I think this problem will sort out. It will stop the vacation mail problem. To do so first sign in your Hotmail account. On the upper right corner click on options and then click on more options. Click on the box denoting Send Vacation reply and select don't sedn any vacation replies. Then click on save.

Your account information is leaked and some one is manipulating your id. It is highly recommended that you should reset your account password immediately. Clear all your temp files and scan your system for viruses. Always keep your password personal do not share it with anyone. Use a strong password including numbers and alphabets. It should be hard to guess. Always properly log out your account. Means sign out never close the browse directly. Always clear the temp file if you are using a public terminal.