Thread: Windows Xp doesn't show network connection and application

Windows Xp doesn't show network connection and application

When i boot up windows XP, and log into windows, the network connection icon takes a long time to show up in the start up on the bottom right hand side. Also if i go into Network Connections in Control Panel i get following message on my desktop screen "The network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running. " Now can any body tell me that why doesn't my Windows Xp show network connection and application on my system? What can i do in order to get rid of the above issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Windows Xp doesn't show network connection and application

Check out whether your network connections folder is able to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine or not. Then try to make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running on your system.

In Windows XP you will find a small feature allowing you to repair a network connection. For that you need to go to the Network Connections options in Control panel (Control Panel / Network Connections),then you need to right click on the network connection that you want and then you need to choose the repair option. t is possible to run the same command by using the Netsh utility, within the following command line: netsh int ip reset c:\ network-connection.log

This problem occurs when the Fixccs.exe process is called during the Windows XP SP3 installation. This process creates some intermediate registry subkeys, and it later deletes these subkeys. In some cases, some antivirus applications may not let the Fixccs.exe process delete these intermediate registry subkeys. For more information you can check out the following link. Hope so it may help you to resolve your issue.