Thread: ThinkPad T30 won't connect to wireless network

ThinkPad T30 won't connect to wireless network

I recently bought thinkpad t30 laptop. I have updated OS to Windows XP Service Pack 2. The problem i can't get my ibm thinkpad t30 to connect to wireless network. when i try to run Wireless Network Setup Wizard to established wireless connection it gives error. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: ThinkPad T30 won't connect to wireless network

This behavior occurs for several reasons. Some computer and hardware manufacturers provide their own configuration software that replaces the Wireless Zero Configuration service that is provided in Windows. In that case, you must use the software that is provided by the manufacturer to configure your wireless network. If you want to use the Wireless Network Setup Wizard or the View Available Wireless Networks feature to configure your wireless device, see the documentation that came with your computer or with your wireless network card.

Do you have the latest drivers for your wireless card? do you have the latest firmware for your router? One of the simplest ways to fix a network connection problem is to let Windows repair the network connection by right-clicking the network icon and selecting the option from the menu. The operating system will go through a series of steps to diagnose and repair your connection.

It is important to make sure that you have installed the correct device driver for your wireless network adapter.You can also use your router's manual to set it to it's default wifi settings and then set it to WPA. Then same for each WIFI laptop.

Check this thread to solve the problem :
    Vista Ultimate: Wireless network connection problems and slow internet access
    Wireless network connection drops
    Losing wireless connection to specific wireless network