Thread: How to check weather pc is hijacked

How to check weather pc is hijacked

How can I determine that my system is being hijacked. I have many virus in my pc which were scanned and cleaned. But still I worry that next time again the virus will affect the system. Before that due to virus my system was working slow, excessive unwanted pop-ups, task manger not working, etc was the issue. I just want a way to determine that how someone is manipulating the system. How can I trace it.

Re: How to check weather pc is hijacked

There is a very simple way to determine that what activity is going on your system. The virus normally gathers your system information and pops it up to long distant servers. These are captured by the cyber criminals. Here you can keep an eye about the current activities and protect your system. Go to start menu > run > type cmd. Press ok. In the DOS windows give the command " netstat -b 5 > activity.txt and press enter. After some time press ctrl + c and paste the file in your system. View it and you will get an idea about the activities running currently on your system.

Your antivirus always pops-up a message whenever any unwanted access enters your system. This is the attack to your pc. Whenever such warning appear disconnect your internet connection. Scan the full system in safe mode. The only simple solution is to keep your antivirus up to date and firewall on. These security tools not only blocks but also prevent the attacks on your system.
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...rt/1092465.htm
    windows security update hijacked

I am listing you some free utilities by which you can keep a track on ongoing activities on your system. Here you can determine that your pc is under attack or not. The first one is ProcessExplorer. ProcessExplorer is an application which gives you complete information about the current activities as well as old running on your system. If you see any unidentified one then you can stop it. Virus like trojan use a specific port to open a connection. TCPView shows you the list of ports activity. You can collect the information that which application is related to which TCP port.