Thread: How to setup TCP/IP in MAC

How to setup TCP/IP in MAC

How can I set up a TCP/IP in MAC. I had tried this before but the Internet is not working. I want a complete steps plus some troubleshooting steps. The troubleshooting part must be applicable for the most common problem. Also how can I set a priority to TCP/IP packets as per my need. I need some simple guidance regarding this matter. Thanks.

Re: How to setup TCP/IP in MAC

Before setting up a TCP/IP on MAC I want to make one thing clear that MAC operating system does not support multihoming. If you going to share the internet connection you will need to change the TCP/IP setting on the sharing computer to make the lan card ping your system on your network. First you have to create new configuration for proxy. To do this follow the below instruction :
    • Go to the applie menu > control panel > TCP/IP.
    • In the window select the File Menu > Configuration.
    • Click on any listed configuration and click on duplicate button. Name it as proxy and click on OK.
    • Then click on the Proxy and click on Make Active Button.
    • Here you can configure the TCP/IP as per your need.

The TCP/IP in mac can be configured manually by the TCP/IP control panel. The configuration setting can be done many time as per requirement. Some points you will need to consider while opening a transport in your system are :
    • Connect via : It is the place where you will need to choose the interface like ethernet card.
    • IP Address : This the place where you will need to enter the IP address manually.
    • Domain name : Enter the domain name used for searching.
    • Subnet mask : This where you need to add the subnet mask for the existing network connection.
    • Router address : add the ip address for the default router

To troubleshoot the most common problem in mac you will need to consider some information to check the functioning of TCP/IP. First make sure that the income access to TCP/IP is configured properly. Check out the ping response time and look for loss packet. If you have any personal firewall then it will block your incoming. It is better that you must open connection to it. Configure you router properly. Any mistake in configuration will give you a hard time. Some ISP block some ports. So just check weather which one is open.