Thread: Unable to make connection to SSL tunnel through port 3389

Unable to make connection to SSL tunnel through port 3389

I have internet explorer 7 installed on my computer and I am trying to forward the terminal services port from outside the network to a particular machine inside. It think that I have missed something in my configuration. It appears that it is making the connection but then it times out and I get a SYN timeout entry in the log. I had draw an conclusion that "Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again." If anyone could help out I would appreciate it.

Re: Unable to make connection to SSL tunnel through port 3389

I was able to make the connection through SSL tunnel, I have already done this with no difference, i have restarted ISA services and the server itself and still no joy. I checked out whether the Routing looks OK - "SYN Timeout" as it is perfectly working then log indicates that everything worked to get the packet through the server. You may also confirm whether 3389 is open on 10.0.0.201

Login into your network setup and click on Access, then click on the Add Service tab. Under add a known service, select Terminal Services and click Add. Did you manually set up your port forwarding in your router, or did you let WHS do it the UPnP way? If the former, add the port(s) that you didn't forward already. If the latter, you might have to do it manually - UPnP is not always as "universal" as its name would imply.

Getting a Remote Desktop connection to a PC on a private external network is a little more tricky. First of all, you will of course need an SSH server running somewhere. Linux and OS X come with SSH servers, but there are also SSH servers available for Windows. series tunnels from ports on my local machine to ports on machines on the remote desktop. One of these is a mapping from the localhost port 3389 to port 3389 on a machine at work. Port 3389 is the port used by Remote Desktop, It is a quick and easy installation and relatively easy to configure as well. You will of course need administrator privileges on the machine you install it onto.