Thread: How can I block WOW using my router

How can I block WOW using my router

My little brother plays computer games a lot. Because of this his studies are getting affected. So I want to stop his games so that he can concentrate on studies. I uninstalled almost all of his games from computer. Now a days he started playing WOW online. So I want to block WOW from my router. But I don't know how to do that. How can I block WOW using my router? Any suggestions!

Re: How can I block WOW using my router

Well that's the situation of modern era. It is true that many people in our world are simply going crazy after games. That's not the complete fault of these people also. But today's games are so exciting and interesting that this could happen to anyone. However if you still want to stop your brother then in my knowledge World of Warcraft uses the TCP protocol on port 3724. So block 3724 port on your router by going to the administration page. Refer router manual for detail instructions.

Basically playing online games require you to configure your router/modem to forward some ports. If you have your router configured than only you can play games online. If it is removed then you simply couldn't. So go to administration page and remove the port forwarding configuration. And just monitor in the near future so that your brother doesn't reconfigures it.

You can even block World of Warcraft from your firewall. Just go to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions. Now un-select World of Warcraft from the list to block it. You can even block if you have some external firewall software installed on your computer. Just refer to its manual or use internet to block WOW on your firewall software. Some router too have inbuilt firewall which can be configured to block the World of Warcraft game.