Thread: Unable to find Network Adapter driver after Reformatting

Unable to find Network Adapter driver after Reformatting

I've bought a access point and two network adapters but I can't find the drivers for the adapters. when I run my Intel proset wireless utility, it sends me to my device manager and i don't have a wireless adapter set up, I've always had a network adapter displayed in the task bar and out of a sudden I can not see this display. The problem now is that I can't find the drivers for his network adapter. I don't even know what the adapter is called, because the computer is locked, so I can't open it.

Re: Unable to find Network Adapter driver after Reformatting

When you open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters, what wireless device do you see? Open device manager, and right click on any unknown devices that show. Put in your MB driver CD, and have it look for the driver in the "driver" folder, it will pick the correct one, do not manually pick it because there might be a couple devices that are unknown.

You need to install at least your Ethernet driver then you should connect fine, check under your device manager in the control panel and you will see just what needs installing, Actually the Problem You Are Telling Is Because Of Driver Damage, just go to the manufacturers site and find the item you need and download the driver. So I Will Offer You To Just reinstall The Driver And If The Problem Persist Just Insert Bootable Disk Of Xp Or Vista And Roll BAck It To Previous Check point.

Have you been able to do the windows updates? If not, hook an ethernet cable from your computer to the router and download the updates. You need to install the driver before the system will see it, if you tell us what make\model your motherboard is we can direct you to them, but probably 80% or more of your devices will be installed when you install the chipset drivers, but that depends on what board\driver it uses.