Thread: McAfee virus scan cease with error

McAfee virus scan cease with error

hello
    My computer installed Windows XP /SP3.To stay away from malicious attack also installed McAfee Internet Security Suite 8.0 by my friends recommendation.but every time i scan it can't finish, end up with an error message at certain points during the scan.

eventually said it's issue with Microsoft Windows we frequently get those Microsoft error messages that causes Internet Explorer to shut down nowadays computer restarts for no reason.

My question is: Should I try buying & installing another virus software to see if it will scan & hopefully find & fix a virus?. Or should I try reformatting my hard drive? I what to do so any advise is welcome.

thanks...........

Re: McAfee virus scan cease with error

dude
    are you using a DOS version,since DOS version of McAfee Virus Scan is no longer an reliable method to delete all threats that exist today even if you have updated the application through internet.

In general once a system, physical or virtual, has become infected it can be difficult to effectively and completely remove all threats while running the scan from the infected Host..my personal experience evaluated McAfee's consumer level products in general much less the one included with VMware Fusion.for recovery booting an infected system from a recovery disc that contains utilities which will mount both the infected system's file system and registry then scan to remove threats.

I meant to ask you do you have any other anti virus on your machine ?Some third-party applications will not allow McAfee software to run correctly.

i know some applications which will comes to clash few of them are BitDefender,AhnLab Security Pack,Blink Personal Edition,Fiddler,McAfee AntiSpyware..etc..do remove all other anti virus utility
    from your machine......

better un install the application
    as it fails to perform in good way,as for my laptop i always prefer to install
    Kaspersky...really it's superb..it won't put your system to freeze while start up also during scanning than any other good anti virus program...so download it and see any thing happens ...trust me

good luck..........