Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excellent connection But slow internet

Networking & Security

Old 17-06-2009

Excellent connection But slow internet

Hi,

My Internet connection says excellent, but i am facing speed issue. I recently downloaded Advanced System Care 3 and im guessing it changed some of my internet connections which is screwing up my connection. I had also disable the Windows update service which consumes 20% bandwidth. but no improvement with speed. please help me!!!

Old 17-06-2009

Re: Excellent connection But slow internet

Hey you didn't mention anything about the plan which you are using. Is it 256kbps? Or is it 512kbps?. if you have 512kbps plan then you will get speed not more than 64KBps. even if you are getting above 50 kbps then its perfect but If you are getting less than 20KBps speed while downloading than you have to concerned about it.
Old 17-06-2009

Thanks for The quick reply, I have hathway 512 KBPS internet connection, but i am getting speed 30 to 35 kbps speed, where my friend who has the same plan is getting speed of 50 kbps. please help me.
Old 17-06-2009

If you are facing a slow connection problem then you better see that you have a good antivirus software whose virus database is up to date, a good anti-spyware software installed which has the most recent updated spyware definitions. a good firewall like that of zone alarm to prevent external intrusion by hackers? and sufficient hardware to support the high speed internet connection? Like sufficient RAM and CPU speed?

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,