Thread: What is PcCtlCom module

What is PcCtlCom module

I recently upgraded my new computer to Windows Vista. I have been getting a random Windows pop-up error message saying -
    "PcCtlCom module stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

First of all, I am unaware of PcCtlCom module. What is PcCtlCom module ? Does anyone have any information regarding this ? Is it a process file or a virus ?
    please give your advice or suggestions....
    thanks

Re: What is PcCtlCom module

The pcctlcom.exe is an executable process file belonging to the Trend Micro Internet Security suite. It offers your computer security against Internet bound threats such as trojans and spyware. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

The PcCtlCom.exe module is a necessary process of Trend Micro Internet Security program. It's a component of Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security. PC-cillin Internet Security gives you protection from viruses, spyware and hackers. It also features spam filtering of your e-mail and adds protection on Wi-Fi connectivity.

PcCtlCom.exe is located in the subfolder of C:\ - generally at C:\Program Files\trend micro\internet security 2005\

The application uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. PcCtlCom.exe is able to hide itself, monitor applications.