Thread: System infected with smitfraud-c.gp

System infected with smitfraud-c.gp

I ran AVG today morning and it found Smitfraud-C.gp on my system. I told AVG to remove it but couldn't because AVG says he is unable to quarantine the infection. So I told to delete it but that too couldn't. What should I do? Is there any good antivirus that could help me to remove "Smitfraud-C.gp" from my computer?

Re: System infected with smitfraud-c.gp

I would say never use AVG, because it is unable to remove many of the infections like this. Disable it. Open AVG. In the Resident Shield section, change the AVG Anti-Spyware active protection to turn off.

Now download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Once the program is installed, update it in order to have the latest version with you. Now Launch it and select Perform quick scan to scan your computer.

Malwarebytes will automatically remove all the infection of your computer and will generate a report for the scan process. The report should include the smitfraud-c.gp file.

SmitFraud is a dangerous Trojan virus which may lead your system to install some backdoors, may call other Trojans, etc. Some fake applications like WinFixer or VirusHeat are part of these SmitFraud Trojan family. You can use ComboFix to fix this issue. Just download it on your desktop and run it. It will generate a report of infection detected and there removal if completed or not.

Smitfraud-C.gp is a Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c variant that installs itself via corrupt video codecs or software without prior knowledge. It infects Windows dll files and may result in Blue Screen of Death. It sometime displays popups that are hard or sometimes impossible to block. It gets executed during system boot, and thus removal is very hard. Some symptoms of Smitfraud-C.gp include fake "Security Warning" pop ups and firewall notifications, abnormal processes running in the task manager, slow internet connection or applications working slowly, etc.