Thread: April 1st virus, Conficker Worm, what it is?

April 1st virus, Conficker Worm, what it is?

Hello friends,

There was terrific rumour in the market that at the 1st of April, Conficker worm typed Virus will attack most of the Mail services and corrupt the individual database, and it will spread over the world, and it will create huge block over the web, but it remains as rumour and not come true, but can anyone tell me what it was? and if in future something like that happens how do we take precaution from it? I just wanted to be secure from all of this kind of viruses.. and most of it i wanted to be away from all the fakes....

Re: April 1st virus, Conficker Worm, what it is?

The Conficker worm, sometimes called Downadup or Kido has managed to infect a large number of computers. Specifics are hard to come by, but some researchers estimate that millions of computers have been infected with this threat since January.You may also stay away from such worms by using Norton AntiVirus 2009, Norton Internet Security 2009 or Norton 360 Version 3.0.

Conficker worm typed Virus will attack most of the Mail services and corrupt the individual database, and it will spread over the world, and it will create huge block over the web
    It wasn't anything like that it was like, the Conficker worm has created secure infrastructure for cybercrime. The worm allows its creators to remotely install software on infected machines.Most likely the worm will be used to create a botnet that will be rented out to criminals who want to send SPAM, steal IDs and direct users to online scams and phishing sites.

Re: April 1st virus, Conficker Worm, what it is?

Conficker blocks infected machines from running removal tools with "Conficker" in the name. So users might have to change the name of the file here i will explain with an example once you've downloaded and saved the tool to desktop, right-click on it and select "rename" before running it. Users whose computers are not configured to receive patches and updates from Microsoft and who are not running an up to date antivirus product are most at risk.