Thread: What is apmsgfwd.exe

What is apmsgfwd.exe

I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop with Windows XP installed on it. I want to ask you about a process that runs everyday on my computer and I am completely unaware of what it is for. It is named as "apmsgfwd.exe" under Windows Task Manager. Everyday whenever I start my laptop, it gets started unnecessarily and occupies a lot of my system resource. Can you explain what it is for and why does it start everyday?

Re: What is apmsgfwd.exe

ApMsgFwd.exe is part of ApMsgFwd developed by Alps Electric Co., Ltd. that comes with DELL notebooks. Apmsgfwd.exe is a user invoked program and a normal part of PC operations. You can close ApMsgFwd.exe at any point of time to free up system resources.

To ensure if the file belongs to Alps Electric Co., Ltd., you can check in properties if it contains information like "Vendor contains: Alps Electric Co., Ltd. Product is not specified". If this information does not match, then it may be a different file which you have to fix as fast as possible.

ApMsgFwd.exe is usually located under "C:\Program Files" folder. It is a known file for Windows XP and includes a Verisign signed file. Although the file is digitally signed by Microsoft, the program doesn't have any visible window. ApMsgFwd.exe can record inputs and monitors applications activities. This is the reason why it consumes more system resources. Since it is genuine program from Dell, the system threat is 0%.

You can remove apmsgfwd.exe from your computer by just following the below steps:

1. First of all disable System Restore on your computer.

2. Update your anti-virus software and then restart the computer in SafeMode

3. Now stop APMSGFWD.EXE program from your Windows Task Manager

4. Search APMSGFWD.EXE on your computer and uninstall it following the Uninstallation wizard.

5. Also delete the registry related to it and restart

6. Empty your temporary folders.

7. Now run your anti-virus program for a complete system scan.