Thread: how to connect and install at&t modem

how to connect and install at&t modem

I bought up a AT&T Modem & i don't know how to connect it. I know very less about the computer so please explain it in detail....! I am using desktop PC. Does anyone here can explain me how to connect it to my computer...???

Please Help....!

Re: how to connect and install at&t modem

Instructions : How to install AT&T MODEM

1. Guarantee that your AT& T-DSL-EVEN-installation kit is. At least, it should DSL modem, a power pack, a Ethernet cable, telephone cable, several telephone filters and a installation CD.

2. Install the telephone of filters on each catch of telephone which you have a telephone connected on. Installation; a telephone doubles adapter on the catch nearest to your computer if you have a responder or a telecopier, by telephone or analogical modem in the same room. Then, connect your telephone equipment, in the filters. Connect the telephone cable which was provided with your kit installation in a catch of telephone not filtered.

3. It inserts the CD of installation in the CD-ROM unit. If the install program does not begin automatically, clicks in Start then on RUN and it goes to the unit of directory CD-ROM to find the installation file.

4. Connecting the phone cord that is attached to the wall is not filtered to the back of the DSL modem. Connecting the Ethernet cable to the back of the modem and all'orificio card interface Ethernet network on the back of your computer. Colleagues in the AC adapter to the back of the modem and inseriscalo an electrical outlet. Food over the modem.

5. Check the modem lights. There would be at least two lamps to be lit. These labels will like them; Power "and" Ethernet. " However, these labels depending on the model of modem you differ in your installation equipment received.

6. Close the software installation. Enter your chosen username and password when prompted. Check your modem to see if the light labeled "DSL" or "Internet" Lit is open a web browser window to see if your DSL service successfully has been applied.

It is easy to install in Windows OS because Windows Has made it so much easy that even a user knows only basic things of the computer can install or uninstall any product.

1. Firstly insert the disk of driver for that modem in your CD-Drive.

2. Then connect the modem as per your connection compability looking in the manual instruction booklet.

3. Then close the auto start program that is appearing on your computer after inserting the disk.

4. Then after connecting & inserting the disk go to desktop & right click on My Computer & select the Manage from it.

5. After opening the Computer Management go to the divice manager on the left handside pane.

6. After that on the right handside pane select the first main option (your computer name) & then right click on it & select the option Scan for Hardware Changes.

7. Then follow the steps as it ask you to do....!

Look the user manual for the model you require it has all the information in it like what you require for connection...???, How the connection is made...???, etc. I have attached one user Manual for a Motorola Modem just have a look at it. As most of the modem connection is same.