Thread: avgcsrvx hogging my cpu

avgcsrvx hogging my cpu

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. I'm using AVG 7.5 antivirus program on my system. The problem is that whenever i try to scan my system, AVHCRSVX hogs about 80% of my cpu which makes my system unusabel for around 2 hours. Can any body tell me that what can i do to get rid of the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: avgcsrvx hogging my cpu

Try to update your AVG 7.5 antivirus program on your system. You can also try to upgrade your antivirus program to some latest version, let say for example AVG 8.0.233. Installed it properly on your system and then try to scan your pc and check out whether you still have the same problem on your pc.

I think you need to adjust your AVG antivirus program on your system. For that tou need to open your AVG by clicking on Computer scanner, then choose your scheduled scan and then click on Edit and then click on How to Scan tab and then you can easily Adjust the Scan process priority slider to Automatic or Slow scan according to your needs and wants.

According to me, you need to check out the properties of the scheduled scan and then you need to adjust the priority of it. By default it has been set to Automatic but you can set it to High priority or a Low priority by using the left for lower and right for higher slider.