Thread: How to schedule reset belkin f5d5130-5

How to schedule reset belkin f5d5130-5

I have a belkin f5d5130-5 router when i connected to the internet through this it showed me an signal line working but unable to login to the Internet, everytime i need to restart my network connection but instead of that I need to perform a reset or power off/on from their on the router or through my computer i have also seen that when things get "weird" the device like the signal all of a sudden goes away.please suggest how do i do that.

Re: How to schedule reset belkin f5d5130-5

Just check on your router properly, when you will switch on your router the powered lights gets on, you need to press and hold the reset button for exactly
    seven seconds, this will restore the router to factory default. Or else you need to communicate with your ISP to ask about if their end has any problem if it is that then ask them for their network reset it will allows you to ping or reset your network.

Did you try shorting the reset switch before shorting capacitors? When you say a similar model used to work, how similar? How many routers have you done this to?Belkin, Netgear and Linksys routers all used to come out of the box with WiFi enabled and no security. Recently they reverted to arriving with WiFi NOT enabled by default, but no security if it IS turned on. Check the plugpack is actually producing the correct voltage when plugged into the router. You will need a meter which i presume you have. Low voltage can make it difficult to wipe the nvram.It might be easier to replace the switch if you have broken it but you should be able to wire across the switch.

Belkin seem to have managed to take the standard broadcom design and made it work less well than linksys, Open Connection Manager, Tap Settings/WiFi Settings/Menu/Network Cards, then tap/hold the connection in "Network Cards" and select "Remove Settings" then turn off WiFi, wait 5 minutes and do a soft reset. This should clear any spurious info.Also Suggest you leave the password at default now unless there is some particular issue. This step can sometimes be accomplished with WiFi turned off (it seems that if WiFi has been on since a soft reset, then you can access the Wireless Connections screen once it is off again, but it is not consistent); If WiFi is on, you can't delete connections which are in range, even if they won't connect, hence the need to go out of range.