Thread: Agere Systems pci-sv92ex driver for Windows Vista 32 bit

Agere Systems pci-sv92ex driver for Windows Vista 32 bit

I'm having some problems with the reception of sound and image simultaneously and also to block the IE and Outlook Express, which occur so intermittent.

I do not know if my reasoning makes, but I read the materials of the forums and joined the problems to the modem, so it was looking in Control Panel, the information available on this topic.

Icon - Modem Settings - harvested the information: "Modem not installed properly. You should uninstall modem drivers, reinstall and re-start ...

Icon V.92 - Features settings - the same message

Icon Systems - Timer System, Memory Controller and speakers - no drivers installed for this device.

I was very confused with this information and I check in System Information, as has happened to find different data related to installed programs (not listed in Control Panel, but found in System Information).

Access Information System - features hardware-component-modem and copied the information, I am attaching to this. Ve also trying to locate the driver Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem - not found.

Question: In my system there are two modems - one internal (Agere) and disabled in another activity? This is normal?
    My problems are linked to the Modem?

All this for me is very complex, so I ask your help in advance and thank you.

Re: Agere Systems pci-sv92ex driver for Windows Vista 32 bit

Do windows update and reinstall the modem driver from here .

While I was applying the instructions received and trying to interpret the data in the report from Everest, which for me was not easy.

After thoroughly examining all the items of the report of Everest, without success, I found the model of my modem Agere in Settings-Control Panel-OpçõesTelefone and Modem, and also some information on the last installation of my system (log) that transcribe below.

, Download the driver from the site indicated and tried the installation several times, by command of Winzip, without success. The installation starts but stops at a particular point appears and the warning "when completing the installation is to click OK to close the program." Clicking OK, the warning appears that the processing has not yet expired.
    Longer to wait, however, the message is the same.

I did the experience of installing the Windows Installer, because I do not know where to find and run this program.

I wonder:
    1. How to interpret the data in the report from Everest to find the identity of my modem. Transcribe the items which I thought most likely find this identification.

I really want to solve this problem, but I learn from you, so I await further instructions and thanks for the heart that have shown infinite patience in answering to my questions.

2. From what I have observed (log) since the installation in September/2006 (when Windows was at the original) this modem is not working.
    Question - It is not always necessary to install a modem? What is your specific role? If he is dead, his work is being performed by another device? What? In case of need, should leave as is?

casper0191 Guest

Well have you tried to Virus scan your system?