Thread: Windows XP infected by Trojan Vundo!grb Virus

Windows XP infected by Trojan Vundo!grb Virus

I am running Windows XP on my home computer, this time my machine gets infected by another version of Vondu and this is Vundo!grb. My automatic windows updates was turned off and I kept getting annoying popup ads. I completed the 8 step process and wanted to know if the virus has been removed or not.This happens even though I could barely use the internet and because of this it gives me pop ups and error messages every after 10 minutes, I tried to resolve the issue on my own just by reading some other topics on the internet, but nothing seems to be working.

How do i get rid of this virus.Thanks for all you time and any help you can give me.

Re: Windows XP infected by Trojan Vundo!grb Virus

I will suggest you to Uninstall the following application if you have installed on your computer with the help of Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel:

p2p programs like uTorrent, Bittorrent, LimeWire etc., as they are a major conduit for malware and viruses. And also let me know which Anti-virus software are you using to keep your computer system protected. This is because I will help you to how to tweak with your software, which will help you to solve your problem.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I am using AVG security system to keep my system protected, I also wanted to flash some points to you when i have tried restarting my computer again, I got error mesages loading two files: c:\window\system32.malufige.dll and c:windows\system32.keyutova.dll. when i tried to search for these files am not able to find it at all. please help.

I will recommend you to download the Download McAfee Avert Stinger: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivir...-Stinger.shtml from here, once you have dowloaded and restarted the anti-virus do the following steps:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open the Security Center, Click Advanced Menu which you will find at the lower left, Then go to Configure which will also on the left hand corner, you need to Click Computer & Files which will also be in the upper left corner, VirusScan can be disabled on the right make it enable, which will help you to enable the security system and will find and quarantine the Trojan Vundo!grb.

Download the McAfee Removal Tool.

Double click on MCPR.exe to launch it, then Click Run. A window should appear and disappear, this is normal. A new window should popup and begin the uninstall. When prompted to reboot your computer type Y.

Do not install more than one antivirus program because they will conflict with each other. It is imperative that you update your antivirus software at least once a week (even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software theApprove Widows Defender or other guards or security programs while OTCleanIt attempting access to the Internet to allow all.If prompted to Reboot click, Yes.OTCleanit will delete itself when finished, If not delete it by yourself.n it will not be able to catch new malware that may have come out.