Thread: How to remove netfxupdate error

How to remove netfxupdate error

I'm running Windows Xp and i had installed Norton antivirus program on my pc. The problem is that whenever i trun on my system is shows me an netfxupdate error message on my system. Can any body tell me that how can i remove netfxupdate error from my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to remove netfxupdate error

First of all you need to update your Norton antivirus program on your sytem. Then try to do a full scan on your pc. You also need to empty the temp folder on your system. there should nebe nothing stored or ruuning under your temp folder.

I think you should used CCleaner program on your system. CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. If you want you can check out the following link, in order to download CCleaner program on your system.

I think you need to disable Norton antivirus program temporarily, so that the .NET framework can be updated on your system. For doing that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) First of all click on Start menu, then select Run and then you neeed to type in 'msconfig' without the quotes and just press Enter key.

2) Then you need to click on the 'services' tab.

3) Then you need to uncheck: Norton PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler and uncheck: Norton PersonalEdition Classic Guard on your system.

4) Then you need to click on the 'startup' tab and need to uncheck 'avgnt'.

5) Afterwards click on OK tab and need to restart your system.

6) Then you need to press Ctrl-Alt-Del key or can also right click on the taskbar and select task manager. You have to click on the processes tab and look for netfxupdate.exe.

7) Then you need to repeat step 1 and need to re-check those items that were disabled in steps 3 and 4 and afterwards you need to reboot your system.