Thread: Deskhedron A 3D virtual desktop manager

Deskhedron A 3D virtual desktop manager

DeskHedron is a 3D desktop switcher amd by default it gives 2 desktops. I would like to increase desktops. Do any one have any idea about this? Can anyone help me? Please give me more info about this application.

Re: Deskhedron Information

DeskHedron can organize approximately 9 desktops, and switch the desktop. To add a new desktop, you'll have to select "Desktop +" from the menu on tasktray icon by the right click.

Information about DeskHedron

DeskHedron is a tool which switch the desktop by using 3D GUI. Desk Hedron is another attempt at enlarging cramped desktop real estate by giving you up to nine depsktops you can rotate between.

This is just an EXE file, so there's no need to install it. This gives it the advantage of being small and quick to use, but also partly explains why it's so simple. Double clicking the .EXE file will plant a while rectangle in the system tray, and when clicked, your desktop will shrink back, and using the cursor keys or mouse wheel you can rotate to a new clean desktop.

Right clicking the rectangle allows you to add more desktops. You can open whatever you want on any desktop, though when you change desktops processes don't stop. If you have iTunes playing, you'll continues to hear it even if you're on a different desktop.

The graphical effect when changing desktops is attractive without being intrusive - flicking between desktops is quick and smooth. Unfortunately Desk Hedron doesn't support multi-monitor setups, and unlike Apple's Spaces, you can't pre-assign certain applications to specific desktops.

Minimum requirements: DirectX 9.0c

Download DeskHedron

How to Use

• launch DeskHedron.exe
    • To enter 3D view left click on tasktray icon or press CTRL + SHIFT + Z key.

• Initialy 2 desktops available to switch when start this software.

• To select desktop left click anywhere or press ENTER key.(Switch the desktop by mouse wheel or left and right cursor keys.)

• To add a new desktop, you'll have to select "Desktop +" from the menu on tasktray icon by the right click.

"Desktop +"...Add desktop(max 9)
      "Desktop -"...Decrease desktop(min 2)
    • To quit this application right click on tasktray and select "Quit".

Thanks a lot for creating such a nice post for me, thanks to both of you for helping me. glad to be here.