Thread: Rootkit.agent/Gen-Rustock

Rootkit.agent/Gen-Rustock

I have deleted some files from my recently purchased Laptop. Till that point i am facing very strange problems with my problem, and the problems are as follows:

My Laptop has extremely slowed down, Whenever i try to connect to any site it takes me to Add sites, When i start up my Laptop Bluescreen remains for longer time,somehow bypassed my restore center, Need to set the default settings with every login and whenever my system startup it ask me to keep system updated and your antivirus program may be disabled.i have also got this message while searching for the files in the system Rootkit.agent/Gen-Rustock.

I think i would be the one who is facing these much problems at a time. Please help!How do i resolve that, Is all the problems are interrelated.

Re: Rootkit.agent/Gen-Rustock

If you run into problems trying to run the READ & RUN ME or any of the scans in normal boot mode, you can run the steps in safe boot mode but make sure you tell us what you did later when you post logs. Trojans are programs that can appear to serve a legitimate purpose but actually have an unwanted or harmful effect. A large segment of trojan programs download other harmful software components to a user's PC without his/her knowledge.
    If you have problems downloading on the problem PC, download the tools and the manual updates for SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes and Spybot ( links are given in the READ & RUN ME) onto another PC and then burn to a CD.

Re: Rootkit.agent/Gen-Rustock

Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop. Double-click Goored.exe to run it. Close all open programs and windows to proper installation of software. Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts this makes your installation easy. Vista users right click Combofix.exe and select Run As Administrator.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log.