Thread: Moe.exe eating up CPU

Moe.exe eating up CPU

I have recently installed Mesh on my laptop and it has really impressed me a lot. But the problem with my computer is that the hard drive is continuously active since installing Live Mesh. When I checked in the Task Manager then it was also consuming 90% CPU most of the time. So, can anyone tell me how do I get this process down to a low CPU consumption? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Moe.exe eating up CPU

It is really nice to see that you liked the Live Mesh. Also there has been some report of some CPU problem and their developers are working on the same to solve it as soon as possible. But it was also noted that the CPU will eventually go down after using it for a while. Incase you are not getting that then you should try to open a bug in their Connect area and attach your logs and they will take a look at it.

I didnt have any problem until I come across this issue today. Because of some reason I reinstalled Live Mesh and after that I also started getting the same issue. Previously it was working fine without any issues. It used to work properly on my desktop syncing all my data work with other devices but now it is not behaving properly at all. I hope that we will be able to recover from this issue as soon as we can.

Re: Moe.exe eating up CPU

Shutting down moe.exe only solves the problem by turning off the function that we installed Windows Live Mesh for in the first place (namely syncing our files). That's not a solution.

I've let moe.exerun forover a half hour now in the hope that it just needs to index the large number of files I'm syncing. Unfortunately, the CPU and RAM usage of moe.exe NEVER goes down.

I have a dual core netbook with 2 GB RAM. I'm syncing my Thunderbird "Local Folders" profile and some documents.

I wonder if Windows Live Mesh gets tied up in knots when the user opens files on his computer right after the computer boots and that may not have been synced yet...?