Thread: Cannot remove trojan, worm

Cannot remove trojan, worm

My Windows Xp computer have been infected with trojans and worms. I think it is due to a infected usb drive. After infected my task manager was disabled and my homepage was changed. I have already switched off the restore feature in windows and even reformatted my hard disk twice, but not able to remove this trojan. Could please guide me to remove it?

re: Cannot remove trojan, worm

Removing trojan is not too hard.You can remove it easily with a-squared Anti-Malware 4.5. It keeps your PC free from Trojans, Bots, Viruses/Worms, Keyloggers, Dialer and Spyware/Adware with the power of two major scan engines. Trojans often modify the startup files of your computer, add or change lines in the system registry and even overwrite system files to make sure they are run every time you boot up.The user who is attempting a manual fix needs to have the right technical knowledge and understand the entire fixing process thoroughly. So it is better to use some application for the same to do it easily and perfect.Trojans are pieces of software and no software can run on any computer without leaving some trace of its existance.

One can remove these trojan, worms manually as well but there is the risk of touching something sensitive in the system that may damage it, especially when dealing with entries in the system registry.Anyways, to remove it manually, here are the simple steps:- Identify the trojan horse file on your hard disk.Find out how it is being started and take the necessary action to prevent it being restarted after a reboot. Reboot your machine and delete the trojan horse.See the Recovering from a System Compromise pages for more in-depth help on what else you may need to do.

To remove the infections of the trojan to your system, you can use Autoruns program Simply run Autoruns and it shows you the currently configured auto-start applications as well as the full list of Registry and file system locations available for auto-start configuration. Autostart locations displayed by Autoruns include logon entries, Explorer add-ons, Internet Explorer add-ons including Browser Helper Objects (BHOs), Appinit DLLs, image hijacks, boot execute images, Winlogon notification DLLs, Windows Services and Winsock Layered Service Providers. Switch tabs to view autostarts from different categories.