Thread: Using the iPad for Networking

Using the iPad for Networking

I was thinking to buy an IPad but I am not having any knowledge about its features, moreover that are related with the networking.!! I don't know anything about the networking that are handled by an IPads. I want to know about the networking features of IPAD. I thought that searching on an Internet might not be worthy because there are very limited information about it. So I am expecting some help from you guys so that I can go for an IPAD. Any suggestions or advice would be grateful.!!

Re: How to set up WiFi connection IPAD

I know how to set up WiFi connection IPAD, hope that you will need that. It is a simple procedure which comprises the following steps :
    1. Once opened and unlocked the device, select the Settings icon on the main screen.
    2. Once inside, open the section called Connection.
    3. Then click WiFi Enable to turn on the receiver. Then select the network you want to enable among which are available.
    4. Enter password if it is an encrypted network and you're done, you can surf the Internet using the IPAD using WiFi.

Re: Using the iPad for Networking

I have observed that normally, after connecting to a wireless access point (AP), a computer, IPAD, you can reconnect and rejoin the WiFi network automatically whenever the AP is still same SSID, encryption method and security key. Apple blames the issue on Wi-Fi routers from other manufacturers that are capable of double-base, and meets the following conditions :
    • Using the same network name for each network.
    • Using different security settings for each network.

I came to know that most IPAD informed users that the Wi-Fi connectivity (connection drops or can not connect) failure occurs when a signal is weak, but they work correctly on any device except IPAD. Anyway, Apple's proposed solution is simple, but may not be feasible, especially the Wi-Fi router or gateway does not belong to the user IPAD, or he or she has no expertise to make the change that as specified below. The resolution demands that the end user to change the SSID (Service Set Identifier) of the Wi-Fi networks so that there is no Wi-Fis, which have the same name and to ensure that the type of wireless network security is the same in all Wi-Fis with the name of the same network.

If you are facing any problem with the network security I would like to recommend you to follow the steps :
    • Create different names Wi-Fi network to identify each band. This is easily done by adding one or more characters of the current network name. Example: Add G to 802.11 b / g network name and the name N 802.11n network.
    • Make sure that both networks use the same security type (WEP, WPA, WPA2, and so on).
    • Update the Wi-Fi router if it is not so far.
    • If the problem persists, reset the network settings using IPAD Settings> General> Reset> Reset network settings.